As I was checking on the kids on my way to bed one night
(and many subsequent nights)
I came upon this scene:
She has an ipod shuffle, but earphones are too big for her head and earbuds fall out of her ears, so she got this Ipod dock radio for Christmas. Her complaint the next morning was that some songs were too loud and some were too soft.
Solution: Cuddle up to the radio.
After the kids refused the green eggs and ham
(read: scrambled bacon cubes and eggs in green food coloring)
they requested more appetizing (???) colors.
Pink eggs for baby...
and an "I'm going to puke if you even try to get me to eat colored eggs" face from the girl.
The baby put the rainbow slinkies on her arms so she could be a dancing, spinning robot.
We had a friend of the boy come over and play ALL DAY on Saturday. This kid helped show us that 6-7-year-old boys are all the same.
He was a dolphin in the water, although it occasionally looked like he was drowning, and helped both the girl and the boy build up courage and confidance in the water.
More to come later. I just wanted to give my dedicated blogstalkers something new to see.





4 comments:
I'm glad to see someone else was willing to do crazy unappetizing cooking for St Patty's Day.
Okay it is driving me crazy,unless you are doing it on purpose. You have written "blogstocker" several times (here and on Jaylee's blog)but I believe the word you are looking for with the correct meaning is "stalker". Unless you want us to stock your blog with supplies. I thought you were implying that you were obsessed with Jaylee and wanted to stalk her. Okay, I'll shut up now smarty pants.
Oops! Thank you for correcting me. I didn't even realize I was doing it wrong, and it bugs me when people spell things wrong perpetually.
Boy do I feel sheepish!
HI! I finally stopped by to check out your blog. It's fun to see your cute kids and how big they've gotten. I also enjoyed scrolling down and seeing Brazil tile, brigadeiro cakes, the skyline. We miss it there. When are you going to Rome and why? You can see our updates here: mendenfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment