December 4, 2009

The biggest, scariest, hairiest bug EVER!!!

My girls were upstairs playing with their friends when all four little girls came running down the stairs screaming. Quite the cacophony.

They all said, in their own special ways, that there was a HUGE bug in Belle's room. They said they closed the door so wouldn't get out.

Of course, being the brave and fearless mom that I am, I went upstairs to save the day. But I found no bug.

They went on playing for the rest of the afternoon with no problems, but did not go back in Belle's room.

That night after the girlfriends went home and we were straightening rooms before bed, I saw it!

Right there on the wall.
Upstairs in our house!

The biggest, scariest, hairiest bug EVER!!!

But it was not in Belle's room anymore!

It was in Dancing Princess Leia's room!

I fearlessly caught it in a cup and took it downstairs to photograph (who wouldn't'). Then I realized that there was no way to show

JUST HOW BIG

this big was. So I added a penny to the cup.

After the penny was in there the bug was even more determined to escape, so I didn't get a real good size comparison, but take my word for it, those antennae and

FIVE HUNDRED BA-MILLION

legs were at least a foot long!@!


We kept it in a jar on the counter for a few days, although it had died overnight, with the intention of showing our little girlfriends, but it molded and stunk, so gave it a proper

NASTY BUG BURIAL

in the garbage can.


Seriously, doesn't it seem that it is doling out the evil eye? I hope none of its friends decide to

go CSI on our house

to figure out what happened.


As Belle stated so well:

ECKAH!!!

3 comments:

Marcela said...

CREEDOOO! Aqui, pelo menos, são só os mosquitos... hehehehe

Lydia said...

Sick! Perhaps it was a stowaway from Brazil. And perhaps we don't want to come visit you because you have gross creatures in your house :)

Michelle said...

Ewww gross! It's funny aside from the nasty mosquitos, we actually didn't see more bugs there. It's fun to see how cute your kids are and how BIG they've gotten.

This is an album created to raise money for research about the chromosome abnormality that affects my brother, know as Smith-Magenis Syndrome. I like it. Have a listen and if you're interested you can buy the album. Learn the story of the man behind this album at his blog: http://pacingthepanicroom.blogspot.com

Get Out!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter