August 12, 2010

It's a deal!

Money spent: 53.33

Money saved: 139.81

This is what I got:

28! boxes of cereal (avg price $.34)
12 boxes of Eggo Cinnabon frozen pancakes (12ct)
2 boxes of Fudge bars (20ct)
2 Pilot gel pens (turned out free after coupon)
2 12-packs double rolls of toilet paper
6 fajita size tortillas (2 wheat just for fun)
8 boxes of brownie mix
4 cans of Parmesan cheese
2 dozen eggs
2 packs bun length Ball Park Angus hot dogs

1 bag cheez curls (to appease the beasts who went with me)

Here's the details:

I went to Weis (a local grocery store), loaded up my cart and then made the poor cashier do five consecutive transactions for me. (I got the information to pull this off from one of my new favorite blogs For the Mammas.)

Transaction #1

4 Frosted Flakes @ $2 each
3 Corn Flakes @ $2 each
3 Cinnabon @ $2 each

Total: $20

Plus the following coupons:
$1 off 3 Kelloggs cereal
$1 off 3 Kelloggs cereal
.75 of Cinnabon cereal (x2) doubled up to $1
.75 of Corn Flakes cereal (x2) doubled up to $1

Coupons: $6

Amount paid: $14

AND the register kicked out a $10 off and a $7 off coupon for my next transaction

They ended up paying me $3 for these cereals. Avg price : -$.15/box


Transaction #2:


4 boxes Apple Jacks @ $2 each
4 boxes Froot Loops @ $2 each
2 boxes Rice Krispies @ $2 each

Total: $20

Plus the following coupons:
$1 off 3 Kelloggs cereal
$1 off 3 Kelloggs cereal
$1 off 2 Kelloggs cereal
$1 off 2 Kelloggs cereal

Coupons: $4

Amount paid: $16

AND the register kicked out a $10 off and a $7 off coupon for my next transaction

They ended up paying me $1 for these cereals. Avg price : -$.05/box


Transaction #3:

12 boxes Eggo Cinnabon pancakes (12ct) @ 3/$5

Total: $20

No coupons : (
But I did use a set of $10 and $7 coupons from a previous transaction (you can only use one at a time)

Amount paid: $3

AND the register kicked out a $10 off and a $7 off coupon for my next transaction

Avg price : $.25/box


Transaction #3:

2 Cottonelle 12 double roll @ 4.99 each
4 Life cereals @ 7.50 total
  • Side note: there was a sign posted 4/$8 AND a sign posted 4/$10. The first cereal scanned at the higher price, so I made a fuss. My awesome cashier, Chris called over the manager. The others scanned for the higher price, too, so I got one of them free. A bonus savings of $.50!
2 Multigrain Cheerios @ 2.50 each
2 Shredded Wheat @ 2.50 each
2 Pilot G2 pens @ 1.00 each
2 Blue Bunny Fudge bars (20ct) @4.99 each

Total: $39.46

Plus the following coupons:
$1 off 1 Cottonelle
$.50 off 1 Cottonelle (doubled to $1)
$.75 off 1 Multigrain Cheerios (x2) (doubled to $1)
$1 off 2 Shredded Wheat cereals
$1 off 1 Pilot G2 pen (x2)
$1 off Blue Bunny Novelties (x2)

Coupons: $9

And I used a set of $10 and $7 coupons from a previous transaction

Amount paid: $13.58

  • Cottonelle 3.99/pack: $.33/roll
  • Life $1.88 each
  • Multigrain Cheerios $1.50 each
  • Shredded Wheat $1.50 each
  • Pilot pens FREE
  • Fudge Bars $3.99/box $.20/bar


  • Needless to say, I am very excited about these deals.

    I will be going back for more cereal tomorrow, hopefully with more coupons, too!

    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    Cool! except for the stupid Lady Antebellum song that played when I visited your blog. That was not cool.

    This is an album created to raise money for research about the chromosome abnormality that affects my brother, know as Smith-Magenis Syndrome. I like it. Have a listen and if you're interested you can buy the album. Learn the story of the man behind this album at his blog: http://pacingthepanicroom.blogspot.com

    Get Out!

    Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter