This is Dancing Princess Leia. She and her sister are currently into a modeling phase. Here she is in her authentic Guatemalan dress before church.
And here are her beautiful locks.
Here is her hair again after a long day and much screaming about not wanting to brush even the little bit that I put in a braid.
And here she holding that braid that I had just cut off.
See, it has been about three and a half years since her first haircut. The ends of her hair were deliciously curly, but were fine baby hair. And no, I hadn't cut it since. Leia loved the idea of mommy cutting her hair while sitting on the kitchen counter.
So we went down the hill to the salon to finish off the job. She has been asking for a haircut since her friend got hers all cut off in December. Mommy finally got the guts to do it. We walked into the supermarket and up to the salon and then she started pulling back on my hand. She picked a barbie car chair and I lifted her in.
This is the most expression she had on her face the entire time. She said not a word, just staring at herself in the mirror and the stranger who was brushing (*oh, the agony!!*) and cutting her hair.
Remnants of her hair on the floor. The stylist asked if I wanted to keep it before throwing it on the floor. I said no because I already had some.
Leia does this thing where she stays perfectly still and looks at nothing and basically pretends to be invisible when she is around strangers or in an awkward situation. This is what she did the entire time she was in the chair. She didn't even talk to me, but being the good mommy that I am, I kept telling her how brave she was and what a great job she was doing. It probably didn't help that there was a 9-month old screaming his head off in a neighboring chair.
She really did seem to like the blow dry and brush part. She was smiling a bit and maybe even made eye contact with the stylist. As you can see, I wasn't brave enough to make it short, but it is a lot shortER. She says she likes it.
As we were walking down to the parking garage, I didn't even recognize her from behind. It must have been the new shoes that threw me off.
She got a sucker for her bravery and struck a pose while waiting for the elevator. Notice the favorite hand on hip action again.
I tried really hard to get this shot of her face and back of head at the same time in the elevator. Not exactly what I wanted, but close enough.
I told her to smile normal and I got squinty eyes and a tight mouth. When I told her to open her eyes I got bug eyes and constipated mouth. This was the best of the results.
I think she looks totally cute, but in a new and different way.





2 comments:
The Other One Grandmas are officially offended that we were not consulted. It is a good thing that you did not inform us ahead of time. It is hard to see one of our favorite princesses grow up so fast. We can't wait for your visit so we can tell her how pretty she looks in person.
So cute!
Good choice on the length.
Post a Comment