Just put the kids on the bus for their first day of school. I had to hold the Belle back by her collar to keep her from getting on the bus too. She just keeps repeating "It's not fair!" about not going to school and not getting to ride a bus. These next two years are going to be long ones. I hope that someone directs the kids to where they need to be once they get to school. We've never been there. I think I could get there if I tried, but we literally have NEVER been there. Maybe driven past it once. I guess we'll find out around 12:45 (they didn't really give us an afternoon bus time) how it went when they get home.
Rex is starting 2nd grade. According to a friend's daughter, his teacher is a very strict old woman. That could be a very good thing for our limit pushing 7-year-old. He met a little friend at the bus stop who is starting Kindergarten. They were both being shy and ended up having fun together. Interesting
Leia is starting Kindergarten. She is in the afternoon class, but for the first two days of school (Thursday and Friday half days- weird) she is going in the morning and returning with her brother. Good intro to the riding a bus world. I don't think she had time to be nervous since the bus came and we basically had to run across the street to get them on in time. Anticlimactic if you ask me. She's already been to school so it is no big deal. She did tell me that she didn't know her teacher and wanted to know if she(or he) was nice. I'm sure she will flare her big blue eyes and remain speechless for a while this morning.
Now I have to go pull Belle's fingers out of the fan she is playing with and clean up the cereal she spilled on the floor. This one kid at home may turn out to be harder than expected.
*I can't find my camera cord, so no pictures for now, but rest assured: I have plenty*
What Your Birth Class is Hiding
5 days ago





1 comment:
First...I love the picture for the blog. Second...eventually everyone will adjust (hopefully). It was really hard for my 2 youngest last year because they wanted to go so bad but after about 2 weeks they didn't care anymore and just said goodbye without even crying but it can be a lot of drama that first week ;)
Post a Comment