September 6, 2009

Home, Sweet, Home


So here is our new house. The white curtains in the HUGE window over the front door are now maroon to match the shutters.

This is the view I have while standing at the sink in the kitchen.

My wheels. All of them.


I have ridden the girls up to the bus stop twice (70 lbs of girly-girls) just to coast down with Belle in the back. Soon I'll get up the courage to go on a real bikeride.


Another angle on our house.

Looking out my bedroom window.


Looking down the street. Our house is on the left, just out of the picture.

The view from the hammock in the backyard.

More corn and houses in our backyard. Too bad its feed corn, or I'd have eaten a few ears already.


We have been frantically unpacking and organizing (and throwing away). A few days ago we had BOTH cars parked in the garage. I'm pretty sure that both of them are back out tonight. I have installed curtain rods on all the windows, except for the family room, and am working on using the curtains we already have and deciding what else we need to get our windows dressed.

Oh, and did I mention that a spa came with the house? Yes, we have a recreational body of water in our backyard. No drownings yet, but some of our water toys have fallen into the cracks between the deck and the spa. Daddy? Can you climb through the mulch and spiders and dirt to ge my squishy ball so I can throw it at you again? I promise I won't miss this time.

It has been fun finding all my tools, which have been in storage for over two years, but I am sad because my favorite one (the router), along with all its accessories id nowhere to be found. Easy to steal if you are an unethical moving man. I just hope that I am able to get new stuff for the price that we insured it all for. We'll see.

6 comments:

The Blaine gang said...

okay, so I ate raw feed corn in a corn maze last year. I thought it was yummy. I must be part cow. You should try it! :)

Beckie said...

I love it. It looks heavenly to me!

Are you living in the state where we met? It looks like it to me, but I am not sure.

You are a lucky girl, it is beautiful!

Flying Princess said...

Beckie, I AM in the state where we met. In fact, in order to be more specific without being more specific, I will say that I live down the street from Kerri. I think that will give you a VERY good idea of where we are and why I are VERY happy about being here.

Marcela said...

AMEI a casa... quem sabe um dia desses não consigo fazer uma visita?

Flying Princess said...

Marcela, voce sabe que nossa porta sempre vai ser aberto para sua visita! Vem por aqui.

Gina said...

HOLY CRAP! It looks like that house has an east wing and west wing. Is the west wing "forbidden?" :) It looks like a house from a movie. Does someone do your yardwork? I want to visit. Love it.

This is an album created to raise money for research about the chromosome abnormality that affects my brother, know as Smith-Magenis Syndrome. I like it. Have a listen and if you're interested you can buy the album. Learn the story of the man behind this album at his blog: http://pacingthepanicroom.blogspot.com

Get Out!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter