My kids have very particular wardrobe preferences.
Rex loves muscle shirts and shorts and wearing the same socks for three days straight, unless he is refusing to wear anything but his flip flops.
Leia LOVES wearing glittery clothes, long sleeves, tights and if it is a skirt (barely allows dresses even for church) it has to have shorts built in.
Belle only likes to wear sleeveless dresses, flat refuses to wear shirts or sweaters in cold weather or shorts underneath. And she's not good at keeping her business covered so she HAS to have more coverage.
Today before church I won the battle of the sweater and shorts. Go me.
As soon as we got seated and said the opening prayer at church she removed her sweater.
Fine, it is a bit warmer inside, so I put it in my bag.
Then I started paying attention to the announcements.
And then I hear at the edge of my consciousness,
"and my shorts, too."
WHAT!!?@?
I look over and she is holding her dress at her waist and removing her shorts.
Horror of all horrors!
Pull the dress down.
Pick up the shorts.
Try to put leg one in.
Cringe at the dress going back up to the waist.
Ignore the snickers from friends sitting in the row behind us.
Insert leg number two.
Mission accomplished.
Later in the meeting I pat myself on the back because she is hanging upside down off the chair with her shorts hanging out, instead of the pink and yellow Belle underwear.
I right her into her chair then and fifteen more times during the meeting.
Kids...what would I do for entertainment without them?





1 comment:
Laugh out loud!!! Thanks for starting my day this way.
Post a Comment