19(!) years ago TODAY
the same cute boy came around noon
(on his way to work, driven by his dad)
to drop off some flowers.
With a TOTALLY CUTE card.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm looking forward to tonite
To spend it with you.
(melt into a puddle)

Back-up a few weeks...
A series of fortunate events let to me walk up to the cute boy in the hall after school to ask him to the Coronation dance with me. Fortunately, the shock of being on the spot and not having time to think about the response led to a "yes."

So a fun group date (10 couples) was planned and the day had arrived, thus the TOTALLY GENTELMANLY cute boy with flowers showing up on that Saturday 19 years ago.
We had dinner with an awesome fancy menu
(that I still have, of course)
then went to the dance.

He grabbed my hand and held it the whole time.
Awww.
(he thinks I grabbed his, not so)
Afterwards we went to
The Sugar Bowl
for ice cream dessert.
It was great.
It was my very first (non)date.
It was the beginning of something very special.

And now,
19(!) years later,
here we are,
still holding hands
and debating about who made the first move.
the same cute boy came around noon
(on his way to work, driven by his dad)
to drop off some flowers.
With a TOTALLY CUTE card.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm looking forward to tonite
To spend it with you.
(melt into a puddle)

Back-up a few weeks...
A series of fortunate events let to me walk up to the cute boy in the hall after school to ask him to the Coronation dance with me. Fortunately, the shock of being on the spot and not having time to think about the response led to a "yes."

So a fun group date (10 couples) was planned and the day had arrived, thus the TOTALLY GENTELMANLY cute boy with flowers showing up on that Saturday 19 years ago.
We had dinner with an awesome fancy menu
(that I still have, of course)
then went to the dance.

He grabbed my hand and held it the whole time.
Awww.
(he thinks I grabbed his, not so)
Afterwards we went to
The Sugar Bowl
for ice cream dessert.
It was great.
It was my very first (non)date.
It was the beginning of something very special.
And now,
19(!) years later,
here we are,
still holding hands
and debating about who made the first move.





7 comments:
He looks like he is actually debating the hand holding issue in the last picture. And I think that picture is cute. And 19 years is a long time, like most of my lifetime. Maybe that is why I thought it was weird that he didn't say anything to me the last time you all were here. But I guess as long as he is nice to you he can stay around longer :)
I just realized why I like the last picture so much - your eyebrows look awesome!
They look pretty good when they're not joining forces!
Oh, and that was taken on the train ride into NewYorkCity. He was running his mouth with our fun friends.
So cute... You are great!
Awwww! I think it is great that you kept all of the memorabilia!!
Ok, so usually this kinda stuff makes me want to B-A-R-F BARF!!! But I never knew the back story, all I could ever remember was that Bob and you had been together FOREVER!!! That is so cool. Maybe I shoulda been more forward and I wouldn't be so single and ornery about everyone elses "love stories".
Post a Comment