.
This morning I woke up and thought that I was on vacation. Not that month-long thing that I took to the US (and from the blog, apparently), but on a real vacation at the beach.
Balboa Island, to be exact. This is a man-made island near Newport Beach, CA.
My sweetie's family vacationed there every summer for the two weeks after Independence Day as a tradition. That tradition is now gone, but I was able to experience the last eight years. I loved the smells, the sounds and the general feel of the island.
The air was thick. The people completely relaxed. And the homes were under constant construction.
This morning I found out that my neighbors above us are doing construction. Either that or they have hired at least two people to sit upstairs and pound hammers all day. I don't know what they are doing, but there are hammers involved.
I'm not complaining, I liked the feeling I had when I got up. And I liked that it lasted most of the day. Until it was too hot for the humidity to be comfortable.
It was relaxing and familiar.
I liked that about today.
.
What Your Birth Class is Hiding
5 days ago





No comments:
Post a Comment