January 16, 2010

Jan 11-15

Jan 11




I finally put up the stack of pictures in Rex's room
(and there's still a few missing).

I LOVE his blue walls
(windjammer)

and the fun school projects decorating them.



Jan 12




I made yummy sourdough pizza for dinner.

In the oven.

Unfortunately, I forgot to check
inside the oven
before I turned it on.

In a house where little fingers molest goodies, they have to be
out of sight and out of mind.

Our poor snowman cupcake cake suffered horribly.

And the frosting that didn't soak into the cake tasted like wax.

Hmm.

Maybe homemade is better.


Jan 13




Lately when I go to bed, Amber freaks out.
She crouches, looking under the bed squealing and growling.

There is literally NOTHING under our bed.
(OK, there's a curtain rod, but that's not exciting.)

She has been getting more adamant and LOUD. This time she had actually
crawled UNDER the bed
so I decided to get to the bottom of it.


I moved the bed and showed her that nothing was there.

I stopped short of turning the box springs over to see if a
rat or something had climbed up in there and died.

Then I noticed that I had a purse sitting on the low shelf of the nightstand.

This purse hadn't been used since our

homeless summertime cross-country journey.

I had NO IDEA what was in it.

It was a fun trip down memory lane as I remembered adding each item to the purse as I had nowhere permanent to put it.

Then I came across the culprit:
A flavor packet that we were going to use to make dinner in our hotel before we found out that there wasn't an oven in that particular hotel.

Apparently roasted garlic and rosemary are intriguing smells for the puppy.



Jan 14




GOAL!!!
Wii Fit says that I have achieved a
normal weight
and I have reached my weight loss goal.

Wii Fit Plus has really gotten me motivated with its new activities, like
bumping mushrooms that add up to 10,
snowball fights and
a cool obstacle course.

I highly recommend picking one up if you have the means.


I like torturing myself with Wii Fit and seeing my obese Mii smiling back at me saying that according to my fitness test, I am 28 years old.

Well, today I got a surprise.
The balance board is broken.

One of the sensors is not working so some of my weight does not register.

Oh well, it is an amazingly good motivator to see what I (theoretically) could look like.


Jan 15




Belle has the most beautiful curls.

Unless we have to use the heater and douse all humidity.

This is a shot of her lovely curls while her hair was drying.

Later in the day all she had was a slight wave at the ends.

1 comment:

Marcela said...

eu vi uns brigadeiros, não vi??? huuummm

This is an album created to raise money for research about the chromosome abnormality that affects my brother, know as Smith-Magenis Syndrome. I like it. Have a listen and if you're interested you can buy the album. Learn the story of the man behind this album at his blog: http://pacingthepanicroom.blogspot.com

Get Out!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter