Jan 21

I have to admit.
I cheated on this one.
We spent the WHOLE day playing with fun friends and I had misplaced my camera
(inside my purse).
Granted, this one is from my camera phone,
which I did have with me,
but whatever.
The boys made this castle out of cups for their Bionicles and army guys.
I am always amazed at the fortresses that are built when we are playing with these particular friends.
They do great things with their imaginations.
Jan 22
I am very proud of this one.
BounceU is an indoor playplace full of blow-up bouncy things. The kids love it and since it is winter, indoor playplaces are preferred.
I received an email earlier in the week offering
FREE
(*instead of the usual $7 per kid*)
admission to the first 25 kids on Friday morning.
CHA-CHING!!
So I got the girls all ready and after taking Rex to the bus, we went straight to Bounce U.
We were a little over an hour early.
And the only people in the parking lot.
We saw many employees enter the building in the half hour that we sat in our car before the next customer car arrived.
We read books and played BINGO and danced in the van to pass the time.
About 15 minutes before the doors opened, with five cars in the parking lot,
crazy bargain-seeking mommy's and daddy's
pulled their kids out of the car and raced to be among the first 25 people in line.
At the end of the mad dash, there were 11 kids in line and 15 minutes to
wait in 30F weather.
Seriously?
Granted, I had kids #s 9 and 10 in that line, but still.
I held Belle's hands inside my coat because she didn't have gloves and Leia had hers inside ther leopard fur pockets.
I caught a glimpse of the lady with kids 26 and 27. Either she was one of those people with a permanently sour look on her face or she was angry.
We went on the big slide about a hundred ba-million times
(the one where you slide on a mat) ,
through the obstacle course
(where I always fell on my face when I entered, and rolled out the end),
fought and made a birthday cake in the boxing ring,
sat on bouncy balls to play soccer
and hit the baseball off a tee of air.
WE HAD A BLAST!!!
I scraped up my elbow pretty good on the obstacle course, policed a lot of kids that were not mine on the big slide and had a great time following my girls around while they had a happy fun time.
We had to leave before it was over so Leia could eat lunch before school,
so we missed the free pizza
(they kept saying 10 more minutes, I just couldn't risk it)
but we had a great morning of free fun.
The picture is of Belle relaxing at the entrance to a slide, waiting patiently for her turn.
Jan 23
About twice a month, we go to Lowe's to do
FREE
projects for kids.
This week we got complimentary safety goggles for the kids.
Apparently Rex did not get the memo that they protect
EYES,
not foreheads.
Jan 24

I guess you could consider dinner time more hazardous to the eyes...





No comments:
Post a Comment