I guess it is about time. I am past the denial phase and can finally come to grips with reality.
We are moving.
We are being sent "home" from Brazil.
We will be moving to the Doylestown, PA area.
Our last day here will be June 22, 2009.
I am leaving in six weeks.
There. I said it.
I don't want to go. I love it here But I am not the boss, and really, no one asked me. I have been happy everywhere we have gone and expect to enjoy life in Doylestown as well as anywhere else, but I am so sad that my time here is ending. I have learned so much and experienced so much and have enjoyed all the differences that life here has to offer.
I have awesome friends that I will miss horribly.
I will miss the spontaneous adventures with fun friends and the awesome vacations exploring this country with my sweetie and family.
I will miss beans and rice and feijoada.
I will miss the melodic nasality of Portuguese.
I will miss fumbling over the language and learning that I am more fluent than I realize.
I will miss the sweet testimonies given by the Primary kids in Portuguese.
I will miss door to door school transportation.
I will miss date night without having to pay extra for a babysitter.
I will miss my maid, my friend.
I will miss day trips to the beach (but not the sand).
I will miss my cute little car.
I will miss the traffic.
I will miss the fashion.
I will miss Brazil.
May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Get Out!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter




6 comments:
Katherine, that is very exciting for those of us in America!! We're super super excited to have you back!! What ward is that??
Doylestown may just be an extended pit stop on the road to your next adventure.
It will be the Doylestown Ward and, funny enough, we have people in our ward now that used to be in that ward. Weird.
And they are always extended pit stops. When we got married we had planned to buy a house in Gilbert and live there forever. But wherever we go I love and it turns out to home. Who knew?!?
I want to remind you that "home" is here in Arizona-TRAITOR! Come back...I mith ew.
Oh my gosh! Okay, I am a little behind on reading blogs. I haven't been on the computer in a while so I am just reading this and was hoping that it said you were moving to Utah at the end of the sentence. Oh well, at least we will be in the same country now.
I am sorry for you though leaving somewhere you love. I am totally impressed that you have learned the language so well. Impressed, not surprised! Miss you.
E eu vou ter saudades de vocês.
E agora que você é famosa, aguarde os comentários dos meus 3 leitores solicitando informações sobre como deixar o blog mais bonito!
Post a Comment