There is a kid at church who traditionally drives everyone crazy. He picks fights, runs out of meetings, plays in the parking lot, visits the nursery to bum treats and is basically unruly.
Traditionally.
Due to travel and conference and holidays, I had not seen this little jewel for over a month, but he was back at church today.
On Mother's Day.
I welcomed him to primary, asked if he had been traveling and he told me something about his grandma's house (juvenile Portuguese is still hard for me) and then I helped him complete his foam flower for his mom.
Later, I chased him back to class after letting him finish the cookie he had somehow procured (trip to the nursery, I suppose) and then reminded him not to run when class was let out.
Typical Sunday stuff.
During sacrament meeting there was a special musical number by EVERYONE except the moms (we were the only ones left in the audience) and we all got flowers.
Awww.
Then, on the way out to the car I heard this:
"Tchau, Tia" (bye, aunt)
*Tia is often used as a title of respect for an adult female*
I realized it was my little friend, so I responded, "Tchau, Danillo."
And to my surprise he said, "Feliz Dia Das Maes." (Happy Mother's Day)
I was shocked.
What a sweet kid.
I guess that goes to show you that you get more flies with honey (?).
I think that's how the saying goes, but you know what I mean.
Traditionally.
Due to travel and conference and holidays, I had not seen this little jewel for over a month, but he was back at church today.
On Mother's Day.
I welcomed him to primary, asked if he had been traveling and he told me something about his grandma's house (juvenile Portuguese is still hard for me) and then I helped him complete his foam flower for his mom.
Later, I chased him back to class after letting him finish the cookie he had somehow procured (trip to the nursery, I suppose) and then reminded him not to run when class was let out.
Typical Sunday stuff.
During sacrament meeting there was a special musical number by EVERYONE except the moms (we were the only ones left in the audience) and we all got flowers.
Awww.
Then, on the way out to the car I heard this:
"Tchau, Tia" (bye, aunt)
*Tia is often used as a title of respect for an adult female*
I realized it was my little friend, so I responded, "Tchau, Danillo."
And to my surprise he said, "Feliz Dia Das Maes." (Happy Mother's Day)
I was shocked.
What a sweet kid.
I guess that goes to show you that you get more flies with honey (?).
I think that's how the saying goes, but you know what I mean.





No comments:
Post a Comment