May 26, 2009

A couple of things I won't miss...

A dryer with a three hour setting. Now that's just wrong.


No hot water in the laundry room. How does anything get clean? It doesn't.


Very few pork products. Did the swine flu arrive here early?


Cheese that goes bad on the way home from the store. And no jack and expensive cheddar.


Long lines and slow checkers at every grocery store. 30 min minimum just for checking out.


HUGE construction vehicles EVERYWHERE!!! Especially when I'm in a hurry.


Not being able to make a coherent argument when I am angry. Crazy Chinese lady alert!!!


Mosquitoes. Mosquitoes. Mosquitoes. And my physiological over-reaction to bites. (the bee sting last week was nothing in comparison)


Downstairs neighbors and their parties. And their complaints.


Laundry that has accumulated during a week-long vacation taken without the kids because we have a maid and then her getting sick and having to do said laundry because I am out of bras and socks. And pants. And everything else.


Missing tennis because my maid is sick. I will really miss tennis when I don't have a maid. : (


Having a pool on our balcony and not being able to us it because it is infested with mosquitos because the pool guy neglected to tell us that he wasn't going to come any more.


Having a pool guy that comes but not being able to swim because it is too cold. Yes, 75 is too cold!


Sharing an elevator with seven other apartments. And two garages, two entrance levels, a service floor and storage floors.


Intermittent, nonexistent and unreliable telephone and internet service. And poor cell phone coverage.


Windows without nets. And the bugs that enter through said windows.


Yelling at a three-year-old to stop running everywhere. She has that much energy.


Having awful visions of small children falling out of windows and down 13 floors. Thank goodness they never hit the ground in these visions.


Having a toy/play room that is too small to play in. And not enough boxes, shelves and tubbies to hold all the dress-up clothes and Legos.


So that is a little more that just a couple, but I am still totally in love with this place.


Come on! I have a maid! And an awesome view of the city!




No comments:

This is an album created to raise money for research about the chromosome abnormality that affects my brother, know as Smith-Magenis Syndrome. I like it. Have a listen and if you're interested you can buy the album. Learn the story of the man behind this album at his blog: http://pacingthepanicroom.blogspot.com

Get Out!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter