May 7, 2009

Lizard

Rex is doing his homework this afternoon. The assignment is to draw a picture of his favorite animal and then write a story about it. He chose to draw a lizard. Here is part of the nearly two-hour process of getting him to write his story.

-Mom, I almost wrote liverd. Wouldn't that be funny if it was called a liverd?

-(my response) Do you know what a liver is?

-Yah. A part of the body that makes us live. (totally straight faced)

-Nooooo! (laughing) It is the part that cleans our blood.

I know I didn't teach him that, nor did I have such a concise definition for him if he didn't know. School must be good for him.

Later...

-Mom, did you know that one time Captain Cody (names have been changed to protect the guilty) pulled the tail off a lizard and it kept moving. And then Ms. Nelson said that he will grow a new one. But the tail does not grow a new lizard. Wouldn't it be funny if the tail just wiggled after the lizard chasing it and saying "Hey! Wait for me!!"

Of course none of this got into his story. In fact, the story is much, much shorter than the conversation we had about lizards.

Silly Rex.

No comments:

This is an album created to raise money for research about the chromosome abnormality that affects my brother, know as Smith-Magenis Syndrome. I like it. Have a listen and if you're interested you can buy the album. Learn the story of the man behind this album at his blog: http://pacingthepanicroom.blogspot.com

Get Out!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter